We are seeking college level students with a focus in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Networking or other technically related STEM field to join the LRS Information Technology team in Springfield, Illinois for an internship of no less than three months. You will receive training to provide administration and support sevices with a focus on Cisco networking and security, Microsoft desktop and server systems or MS Azure Cloud infrastructure. You will gain experience performing administrative and support tasks using products such as Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server, System Center Configuration Manager, Powershell, Windows 10, Office 365, Azure, virtualization software and Cisco network and security hardware and software.
The Information Technology department is under the LRS Administration department. As a Systems Technician Intern you will be a member of the IT team responsible for all LRS internal infrastructure administration and support. You will report directly to the Manager of Administration and Support, IT Manager or other IT team members. You will work primarily with other systems technicians, administrators and engineers on the IT team. You will also work with technical employees from other LRS departments to ensure that IT is providing the systems, support and administrative services required to meet the diverse needs of each business division and our customers.
You will be paid $15.00 per hour for the hours you work. You will be based in our Springfield, IL location. Applicants must be willing to start temporary work at LRS during the summer of 2017 for a minimum of 2-3 months and able to work between 25-40 hours per week. Applicants that are able to work longer than 3 months may be asked to continue for no more than the maximum term of one year.
- Assist with infrastructure administration support: Within the first month you must complete initial training and be able to assist your mentor with tasks related to your assigned position in desktop support, network support, or cloud services.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues: Within 3 months you should be able to independantly troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrate acquired knowledge, skills and work ethic: For consideration beyond the initial 3 month term you must be able to show that your aquired knowledge has improved your ability to understand and complete complex tasks. You must also demonstrate a strong work ethic by showing your desire to put in the time and effort required to excel in a fast paced IT position.
The key to your success in this position will be your ability to quickly use your existing skills and learn new skills required to provide the highest level of support to LRS employees. Self-motivation, persistence, and attention to detail are also critical to success in this position.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The Information Technology department at Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. includes 11 employees based in the LRS Springfield office. LRS has over 650 employees throughout the world and fifteen remote office locations. Support is provided to all employees in all offices as well as for various users working from home, client sites or other remote locations.
For additional information about LRS, please visit www.LRS.com. If interested, send your resume to hropp@LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- You must have completed at least one year of undergraduate study, including at least four courses related to computer science, engineering, or other technically related STEM classes. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0-B or higher. We are seeking interns who are pursuing carreers that require problem solving skills and knowledge of computer systems and applications. Applicants must have some knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft office applications, networking, programming, virtualization, or other IT related skills. We need interns who are self-motivated and can work independently, yet can also work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Applicants must be willing to start temporary work at LRS during the summer of 2017 for a minimum 2-3 months and able to work at least
25-40 hours per week.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorships are available.